Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Pharmacists to Merge with USWA

So the National Pharmacists Association is merging with the United Steelworkers of America. I suppose that this release from during the last Wal-green's pharmacists ' strike might have been a good heads up. From my very limited vantage, it didn't seem as though the strike went that well for the pharmacists, as I never saw any picket signs anywhere, and there were reports that there were plenty of strikebreaking pharmacists.

Perhaps their leadership thought that joining up with the USWA was a good long-term strategic move, I dunno. The Steelworkers have been going after the health care industry recently.

The funny thing is that the National Pharmacists Association used to be affiliated with the United Food and Commercial Workers (their Retail Wholesale Department Store Union), but left to form their own 'professional association'. I guess they're coming back to the fold after a bad strike.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogs can help boost a career or sink it
PHILADELPHIA - Terrence Ryan knew Scott McNulty in passing at the University of Pennsylvania's ... and Sun Microsystems Inc.
Hey, I love your blog! Very interesting information! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a NASCAR diecast blog. It pretty much covers NASCAR diecast related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)