Saturday, September 10, 2005

Straight from the department of completely freaking shocking

Recovery contracts are apparently going, get this, to the President's friends and cronies.

I know. That does come as a shock. I mean, you'd have to be some kind of reprehensible individual to try and capitalize on your political connections at a time like this, right?

Fortunately, there's no shortage of folks in this world.

And did I mention that the workers who will actually do the, what's that word, work--will now be making less than the prevailing wage. That's around $9 an hour in them thar parts of the woods.

All because President Bold and Decisive Leader (TM) suspended the Davis-Bacon Act which states that workers on federal contracts must make a decent wage. And his suspension even applies to states not affected by Hurricane Katrina--namely Alabama and Florida.

Ka-Ching! Dick Cheney can almost feel his dead heart beating again at the prospect of those kinds of profit margins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Catch any fish?
Several people have sent me this photo. It's kind of funny, but I'm sure that some people will not appreciate it.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a make money site. It pretty much covers make money related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)