Monday, December 05, 2005

Now there's a cat I can get behind!

I'm glad someone has the intestinal fortitude to take on Hillary Clinton.

I've not liked her for a long time. I don't know why so many well-intentioned, smart, and decent people support her. I'm not going to run her down like the right wing does, but it just seems that most of her stances are carefully calculated to appeal to everyone without really meaning anything.

And she used to sit on the board of Wal-Mart, which is reason enough to say 'Nein!' to her candidacy for (currently) senate, or later President.

The fact that Jonathan Tasini is the one who's standing up to the Hillary juggernaut is all the reason more to cheer. Jonathan's blog is one of the most thoughtful, well-sourced, and well-written labor blogs out there.

Longtime readers (so basically, me) of Inallmyyears will know that his postings frequently find their way here. His coverage this summer of the split within the AFL-CIO was the best anywhere.

So good on you, Jonathan. You'll make a fine candidate. If I lived in New York, I'd work my ass for him.

No comments: