Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What he says.

Digby does it gooder than me do it:
They are going to the 9/11 well again. They say that Democrats are sending talking points to Osama and giving aid and comfort to the enemy. Rove says we don't believe that the government should monitor al Qaeda's telephone calls. The next several months will be spent fending off accusations that if we don't let the president do anything he damned well pleases we are all going to die.

I don't know if it will work again. But I also don't know if I can take this campaign one more time. Five years of hearing the same thing over and over again and watching American sheeple fall for it over and over again is just too depressing. I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to January 20, 2009 (and I'm of an age where rushing the future is no longer wise.) The day I no longer have to listen to one more word from this immoral, dishonest, incompetent, delusional prick will be the best day of my life.
That just about sums it up. I'm so sick of the unfettered arrogance, the absolute willingness to turn yesterday's talking points into today's 'we never said that' that I'm beyond screaming. Beyond pummeling my fists into a wall. It's just hard to believe in democracy when people are willing to just extend the benefit of the doubt to someone who shows zero compunction about twisting the facts to suit their own purpose time and again. And to call them on it is treason. And I know I am not saying anything I haven't read ten thousand times, but sometimes the scope of it all is just breathtaking.

Or, as Against me! puts it:
"When an invasion can give a country its freedom,
When unconsciousness is true happiness,
No, no I don't know what to say."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Definitely gonna recommend this post to a few friends

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Awesome blog, great write up, thank you!