Monday, May 29, 2006

Happy Memorial Day.

I tried thinking of something uplifting today, but you know what? It's just not coming to me. I'm sorry to hell that people have to fight in this shitty war, and to my mind one way of honoring veterans would be to manufacture less of them.

But what do I know? I've never authored these kinds of successes.

On the flip side, it looks like we have our own My Lai out of "Not-Vietnam". Complete with coverup and everything.

Mr. Tomorrow celebrates the day with the following quote from Bob Herbert of the NYTimes:
Before you gather up the hot dogs and head out to the barbecue this afternoon, look in a mirror and ask yourself honestly if Iraq is something you would be willing to die for.
It's not for me, or for any of my family that's serving right now. But George Bush has two service-aged daughters. Why aren't they in OCS after graduating from college? If this is such a grand plan full of hope and promise and all? Where are they? Drinking, probably.

And that is not a knock on them.

No comments: