Monday, September 18, 2006

Back in the saddle...

Hey all. Last week was busy, to say the least. We won our election, which was good. You know, I go back and forth about how much I should reveal about my employer on the blog, and I think that for the time being, while I'd like to point out all the cool stuff I'm doing, I think my anonymity is something I should maintain for the time being. Suffice it to say I had a loooooong week, but a productive one. Then, this weekend, we went to the annual Bassett Waddle & Bash in Dwight, Illinois which was off the hizzle. For shizzle.

So...what else has happened in the past week? It looks like San Francisco and Chicago hotel workers settled good contracts, resulting in higher wages, union security, and protected health care. National organizing works, I guess. Read the fairly heartbreaking story of a California newspaper being run into the ground, with management interference in news coverage, editors and writers quitting, and finally, the Teamsters are getting called in to represent the remaining journalists.

And, oh shit, apparently we're already at war with Iran. Who knew?

And we can see that Halliburuton isn't getting investigated by Congress for being such assholes. They promised to help wounded employees find out how to get the benefits and honors they are entitled to, if they don't sue Halliburton. Assholes.

And speaking of assholes, you'd think that the creator of Girls Gone Wild would be a stand-up guy. Apparently not so much.

And watch our President (and I use the term loosely) fall apart while trying to explain a point of view. It's sad, really.

No comments: