Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Molly, I'll tip a 40 to your memory

Damn, Molly Ivins was a very funny woman. Upon hearing of her passing, I said, something to the effect of "oh, shit." It was widely known that she had been battling breast cancer for the third time, but I had no idea that it was as serious as it clearly was. She was a light into the darkness, a woman who howled with the appropriate kind of rage. I can't think of a better way to mourn her passing than to a) keep on fighting the good fight and b) leave you with the following:
“There are two kinds of humor,” she told People magazine. One was the kind “that makes us chuckle about our foibles and our shared humanity,” she said. “The other kind holds people up to public contempt and ridicule. That’s what I do.”
Molly, there will never be another one like you.

No comments: