Tuesday, April 24, 2007

This just in--the facts have a pro-union bias!

Wal-mart has responded to the 3rd certification of a union in one of its Canadian branches by arguing (and why would I make this up) that the very Canadian courts themselves have an anti-Wal-Mart bias.
"After losing in the high court, you'd think they have run out of stalling tactics,'' said Michael Forman, spokesman for the United Food and Commercial Workers union, which represents the workers.
Yes, Mr. Forman, you might think so.

By the way, I saw Bright Eyes last night. Underwhelming, to say the least. This led to a discussion between Dr. Mrsinallmyyears and myself that our days of live-music-show-attending are probably behind us. Good God, it pains me to type this. We're not even in our thirties. Isn't this a discussion to be held once we're jaded 40-somethings? And yet...I really can't remember the last show that I attended which wasn't marked by the jostling crowds of preening high schoolers. It's been similarly awful for the past few years. I actually loathe all-ages shows now.

Do I have a case of early-onset old-man crotchetiness?

The Magic 8-ball says 'yes.'

No comments: