Sunday, September 18, 2005

Weekend Update, starring me as Tina Fey

So this weekend went well. The event yesterday was heavy on nuts-and-bolts political training and hobnobbing. These folks were hosting it. The guest speaker was this guy, who's apparently (as he'd term it) a public servant. He did a good job during his talk, and apologized for his vote on the reprehensible pension deal. We also went back-and-forth about education funding. In other news, I went to a bar and had a few drinks with the Cegelis operatives.

All of 'ems were of age, I swears, ocifer.

Today I went here and met with some striking teachers. They're good people in a tight spot. Then I went some friends here and had some home-grown Illinois wines. There's a reason no one associates wine with Illinois. A very good reason.

In other (not really) shocking news, I miss Mrs. Dr. Inallmyyears and cannot wait for her to grace me with her presence once again.

Sigh.

No comments: