Monday, November 14, 2005

The Good Life

Things have been taking a turn for the contented as of late. For example, one can't turn on the radio or open a newspaper without hearing or seeing the words "the President's popularity has never been lower."

It's nice to know that so many people hold the man and his policies in the same low regard that I do.

A thought crossed my mind this morning as well, one that I'll share with you, dear readers. Every day I get to get up, wish my wife good morning (and mean it!) head off to a job that, while often depressing, does mean something. I get to work with dedicated people every day. Sometimes I even get to help them.

I get to help out in local politics, where you can actually see the most difference from your efforts. I get to make ethical purchasing choices on a regular basis.

Making these kinds of choices aren't burdens and commitments, they're expressions of love for myself and my family, and the folks I've never met.

Sometimes these things are profound to me, and sometimes they disappear into the background noise.

Here's to making sure they remain profound.

No comments: