Thursday, November 10, 2005

I'm back from Springpatch!

The past two days were a delightful combination of utter boredom, outrage, inebriation, and joy at seeing my colleagues. I am fortunate to work with some of the most talented, committed, warm and smart people in the labor movement.

Unfortunately, on a day-t0-day basis I don't see many of them. We say in this line of work that we work in 'silos', or narrow worlds where we don't often interact with others like us. And that can be damn depressing and isolating at times. Very rarely is anyone else around when you have to deliver bad news, make hard decisions, or deal with a shitty situation.

So seeing these folks is a very big treat for me. They're my friends, and they're also my union brothers and sisters.

In other news, here's a list from the People for the American Way (and what other way is there?) of recent examples of voter suppression. It's sobering stuff (hat tip dailykos).

How about them returns from election night? Lookin' good, lookin' real good (statement not valid in Ohio).

Oh, and Republicans were arguing whether or not oil executives actually had to swear to tell the truth in Senate hearings on record oil profits. No shite.

No comments: