Monday, February 27, 2006

Don't you have to 'work' to retire?

I mean, I'm glad to hear Cheney's going to be going soon and all, but if I got to retire after doing what he's been doing for the past five years, I don't know how loudly I'd be bragging about it.

Then again, he is the most powerful vice-president in American history. Maybe he's been putting in extra hour declassifying and classifying information, meeting with Halliburton executives, authorizing leaks of CIA operatives, etc. and etc. and etc.

The only question really remaining is, would it be possible for the President to find someone worse than Cheney? Is this the promotion that Rumsfeld has been dreaming of? I bet Condi Rice would to get in vice-president's office, and indeed, it would be a good thing to have a black woman in that office. Of course, it would be better to have a fundamentally decent and competent black woman in there, but hey, I digress.

You can't have it all. Or even anything, in this case.

No comments: