Saturday, May 20, 2006

Now, I am not a saint.

But I probably have an edge out over this guy (via feministing)...
"An attempt to stamp out feminism will have less of a chance of success than an attempt to stamp out cold; neither of them exists."
Oh, really? That's weird. I had always heard it did.
"Feminism is an effect such as malnutrition, diabetes, and cirrhosis of the liver; they are all symptoms, not entities unto themselves."
But I thought it didn't exist. Diabetes certainly exists. Cirrhosis of the liver certainly exists. Oh head, why are you spinning 'round? Oh Earth, why do you shake beneath my feet? Please sir, don't let me interrupt such serious philosophizing.
"We have reduced our ability to create good. The greatest societal good comes from the family and there can be no family without patriarchy."
That's weird, I'm in a family. I do not have the patriarchy happenin'. Wait till Dr. Mrsinallmyyears hears about this! We totally misfiled our tax returns, dude.
Poor Western man, his life has been torn asunder by those bad feminists.
Oh yes, to be a man in the highly developed, rich, western world. With its high standard of living, education, and health care. What a piteous creature. Much worse off than a man from the Sudan, or Iraq, or shit, Mexico. You've certainly got a point there, friend. Rap on, brotherman.

"...our society has lost its virility, nurturing has decreased, women have lost all sense of propriety, and our society is collapsing."

Women have lost all sense of propriety? Sign me up!
"Only virile men who will rise up and assume their familial responsibilities can create the conditions where nurturing can take place and good will develop."
Virile men, rising up? Together? With no women anywhere (except for in their rightful place, wherever that is). Someone sounds a little light in the loafers, if you know what I'm sayin'.

And I know you do.

No comments: