Thursday, June 01, 2006

Merciful Christ, I beg your forgiveness.

I was in Best Buy today, perusing (I bought the new NOFX and 'On a Wire' from the Get Up Kids), I came across this guy:























I thought to myself, "Self, this is one of those times you'll want to remember this so you can google this guy to see if it's a hoax or not." Turns out not.


Is Gunther a global citizen? Glad you asked:
Günther is a 29 years old gentleman style 2000 in his best years. Günther is a true European, his origin is Sweden but he sees himself as a global citizen.
Ah, yes.

Is Gunther into the sexualizing the world? Glad you asked:
Günther wants to change the worlds look at the sexual way of thinking, so he have started a new trend to sexualise it more in the world. "A Günther trend". He has only started his mission to go out in the world and spread the message of Love.
What are the four main things in Gunther's life? Glad you asked:
The four main things in Günthers life are Champagne, Glamour, Sex and Respect!
True, that. True, that. How many times has Dr. Mrsinallmyyears said the same thing to me? Too many to count. About her life, not Gunther's.

I thought that surely, this must be some kind of 'me first and the gimme gimmes' kind of joke, but no. Let's just say that not everything about the European approach needs to be replicated here. But I bet that instead of aping their labor laws or health care system, the US instead copies this guy. Naturally.3

*Update: I seriously will need to beg the forgiveness of God for viewing this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3 Words. Ding. Ding. Dong. Also, if anyone is up for a road trip, I was thinking maybe an afternoon stroll through Princeton, New Jersey might be fun. Let's say 1 o'clock. In the afternoon. If we just happen by the coffee shop where Günther and the Sunshine Girls are "performing", so much the better. I'm shitting you negative. From the man's site:

The performance will be @ the Princeton Tower Club on the campus of Princeton, New Jersey @ 1:00 P.M. (in the afternoon) on Sunday, May 7th.

Awesome.