Saturday, September 30, 2006

What I wrote to Hugo Boss executives

Dear Hugo Boss Executives:

Look, as pricey as your clothes are, and as fat as I'm sure your own pension and salary plans are, I'm willing to bet that you can all cough up a little more than 30 cents an hour in wage increases and that you can start funding the pension plan for the people who work in your warehouse. It's bad enough that your clothes are probably made in sweatshops where 30 cents isn't the wage increase, but the wage itself, but to continue to treat people like disposable commodities and force them to work without a contract is simply unconscionable.

I urge you to respect your workers and their union and to negotiate a fair contract with them immediately.

Sincerely,

Me and my name.

Why did I do it? Learn why here.

No comments: