Saturday, January 13, 2007

It's not even 7 am and I'm already bored

But I did get a $15 dollar gift card to iTunes for Christmas (thank you, Santa!), so I'm bumming around iTunes this morning, going through the celebrity playlists--I read them for the content thank you, not the music, when I stumbled on one Toby Keith's playlist.

Now, there's lots of reasons to hate Toby Keith. Frankly he seems kind of like an asshole for lots of reasons, but then I found his iTunes 'celebrity' playlist.

Expecting to be surprised by his wide-ranging taste in music, I instead found the following quotes from Mr. Keith:
  • On Don Henley's "The Heart of the Matter"-- Very thoughtful lyric. Vintage Henley.

  • On the Gin Blossom's "Till I Hear it from you"--90's pop was never better.

  • On the Spin Doctor's "Little Miss can't be wrong"--Great jam. Turn it up.

  • On The Wallflowers "One Headlight"--So different. So good.
So there you have it. The inner workings of the musical mind of a towering country music giant. He holds the reprehensible "Little Miss can't be wrong" as a great jam, and the thorougly mediocre "One Headlight" as so different. As for 90's pop, you can indeed 'go wrong' with "Till I hear it from you." You can, because you see, the song sucks ass. Like the band does.

No comments: