Wednesday, December 21, 2005

On Feingold

So far, the Democratic field for President in '08 looks poor. Piss poor, as my pop would put it.

Of the field, I like Feingold the most. He has pretty much been in the President's rectal area over the recent FISAgate scandal d'jour. He's the only Senator to vote against the Patriot Act. He's leading the (so-far successfull) fight to stall its reauthorization.

He pissed off a lot of people (myself included) with his vote to confirm John Ashcroft as Attorney General, but he was claiming a principle* as his basis for doing so, and I can't for the life of me figure out why the hell else anyone would vote to confirm Ashcrack.

So, it's good on you Russ. I'd much prefer to see you be our standard-bearer than Hillary Clinton.

*the principle in play was that Feingold thought the Prez should be able to nominate whomever for the AG slot. Weak, but there you are.

No comments: